Potion Permit is a sim game where you play as the town’s resident chemist and healer. Much like in similar games such as Harvest Moon, you will have a companion animal – a dog – that goes with you wherever you go. In our previous guides, we showed you that your dog actually has a find NPC skill to help you out around to town.
Here is a dog food guide to help you reward your dog!
Dog Food Guide – Potion Permit
Like real dogs, your pet dog in Potion Permit has a gradient for preferences when it comes to food.
Giving the right food can give you and your dog’s friendship a large boost.
These types of food guarantee a large bonus to your friendship meter and your dog will even give you a heart when you feed them.
- Grilled Tenderloin – can be purchased from the Lazy Bowl Tavern
- Tender Meat – can be purchased from the Farmhouse Shop
- Juicy Meat – can be found in the Barren Wasteland from mob droppings
- Meatballs – can be cooked at the kitchen
- Meat Stew – can be cooked at the kitchen (befriend Mercy for the recipe)
- Fish and Chips – can be cooked at the kitchen
Just a small note here: within the ‘Loved’ foods, there is a hidden stat or dishes that will make your dog stand on two legs, along with the standard heart. These include meatballs and meat stew.
These types still give you a friendship boost but not as much as the first group.
- White Meat – can be obtained from fishing
- Pink Meat – can be obtained from fishing
- Coconut – can be purchased from Ottmar’s Stall
- Mushroom – can be foraged from the Meadow Range
- Apple Juice – can be purchased from the Lazy Bowl Tavern, or given as a reward.
Warning: it is strongly recommended that you do not “waste” this on your dog.
- Ottmar’s Corn – can be purchased from Ottmar’s Stall
- Apple – can be purchased from the Farmhouse
- Honey – dropped by bears in the 1st half of Meadow Range
- Egg – can be purchased from the Farmhouse
- Corn – can be foraged from the 2nd half of the Meadow Range
- Garlic – can be purchased from the Farmhouse
- Potato – foraged from Glaze Iceberg
- Truffle – foraged by your dog from Glaze Iceberg
(Note: friendship must be high enough to perform the action)
- Mushroom Soup
- Mixed Salad
- Grilled Fish
- Ginger Cookies
Don’t worry. You will not lose friendship points with your dog if you give these foods. But it will not give you points, either.
- Ginger – from your dog foraging in the entirety of Meadow Range
(Note: Your dog must have high enough affection to unlock foraging.)
- Milk – can be purchased from the Farmhouse
- Premium Root Beer – bought from the Lazy Bowl Tavern
- Snow Berries – from foraging in the Glaze Iceberg
- Milkshake – can be bought from the Ottoman’s Stall, or made in the kitchen
I hope this guide can help you in building friendship with your dog!